March 10, 2020
Skillet Cypriot Spaghetti
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Our version of this simple dish incorporates rotisserie chicken, a bit of mellow garlic and a boost of lemon zest. If you’ve never grated halloumi before, you may be surprised by how nice an addition it can be to a pasta dish.
Yield: Serves 4
Cook Pasta & Prepare Halloumi Mixture
- In wide sauté pan, add chicken stock and garlic, and bring to a boil. Let boil for 5 minutes to reduce slightly.
- Add spaghetti and fully submerge in liquid. Boil for 11 minutes, or until al dente according to package cooking directions (if liquid evaporates too quickly, just add a little boiling water to pan).
- In small bowl, combine 2 teaspoons of dried mint, halloumi and grated lemon zest. Reserve.
- When pasta has cooked through and cooking liquid has reduced to sauce, add remaining dried mint and chicken, season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine.
- To pasta add half of halloumi mixture and stir to incorporate. Sprinkle in remaining halloumi mixture and fresh mint, and toss until just combined. Serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over top.