Grilled Artichokes, Peas & StracciatellaRecipe By: Victor Dries
If you have the time to prepare fresh artichoke hearts for this recipe, by all means do so, but high-quality jarred artichoke hearts make this recipe even easier. Stracciatella is a soft buffalo milk cheese made up of stretched curds and can be found at specialty cheese shops.
- 560 mL jar water-packed artichoke heart quarters
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh shelled peas
- 500 mL container stracciatella cheese
- Good-quality extra-virgin olive oil
- Maldon salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup small mint leaves
- Remove artichoke hearts from liquid and gently pat dry before grilling on charcoal or gas grill for 4 to 6 minutes, or until lightly charred. Remove from grill.
- Bring small pot of salted water to a boil and prepare medium bowl of ice water.
- Add peas to boiling water and cook for 1 minute, or until bright green and tender. Drain and plunge into ice water to stop peas from cooking further.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons of stracciatella on each of 8 to 10 small plates and spread with back of spoon. Top each with 3 to 5 pieces of grilled artichoke and about 2 tablespoons of blanched peas. Drizzle with olive oil, season with Maldon salt and pepper, and sprinkle with mint.