Ceviche VerdeRecipe By: Victor Dries
Total Time: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Victor Dries serves this ceviche on homemade corn chips, but you could also serve in small glasses.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh shelled green peas
- 1⁄2 cup peeled, seeded and finely diced cucumber
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced firm ripe avocado
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 tbsp finely diced jalapeño, or to taste
- 500 g sea bream or other white fish, skinned and diced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- Salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup each finely chopped cilantro, parsley and basil
Directions Yield: Serves 8
- Bring small pot of salted water to a boil and prepare medium bowl of ice water. Add peas to boiling water and cook for 1 minute, or until bright green and tender. Drain and plunge into ice water to stop peas from cooking further.
- In bowl, combine all ingredients except herbs. Check for seasoning, and let sit in refrigerator for up to 1 hour before serving but no longer, as fish will lose its texture and become mushy. Stir in herbs about 15 minutes before serving. Serve with corn chips.