November 17, 2016
You can swap the hazelnuts for an equal amount of toasted pecans or walnuts.
Yield: Makes 20
Make And Chill Dough
- Cream butter and 2 tsp lemon zest in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- In separate bowl, stir flour with cornstarch, icing sugar, salt and 1⁄2 cup hazelnuts. Add flour mixture to butter mixture and stir together. Stir in glacé cherries.
- Form dough into ball, then cut in half. Roll each portion into 1″-diam. x 10″-l. log. Finely chop remaining 1⁄2 cup hazelnuts and roll each log in nuts to coat. Wrap in plastic wrap or waxed paper. Chill 4 hours or overnight until dough is solid.
- Arrange oven rack in lower third of oven and preheat to 350°F.
- Slice dough logs into 1″-thick cookies and arrange 1″ apart on large, ungreased baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let cool on baking sheet.