Hearts Of Palm And Cherry Tomato Salad
It is important to chill hearts of palm to temper their acidity. And mix this salad gently, so the hearts of palm don’t break up.
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 400-g cans hearts of palm, refrigerated
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, packed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 head hydroponic Boston lettuce, leaves separated
Directions Yield: Serves 6 to 8
- In a large mixing bowl, combine lime juice, onion and oil. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Drain, rinse and pat palm hearts dry with paper towel. Cut into thick rounds. Add to bowl with tomatoes, parsley, salt and pepper. Gently mix.
- Line a serving dish with lettuce leaves. Fill with salad and serve.