Hearts Of Palm And Cherry Tomato SaladRecipe By: Eric Vellend
It is important to chill hearts of palm to temper their acidity. And mix this salad gently, so the hearts of palm don’t break up.
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 400-g cans hearts of palm, refrigerated
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, packed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 head hydroponic Boston lettuce, leaves separated
Directions Yield: Serves 6 to 8
- In a large mixing bowl, combine lime juice, onion and oil. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Drain, rinse and pat palm hearts dry with paper towel. Cut into thick rounds. Add to bowl with tomatoes, parsley, salt and pepper. Gently mix.
- Line a serving dish with lettuce leaves. Fill with salad and serve.