December 17, 2020
Ina Garten’s Baked Cod With Garlic & Herb Ritz Crumbs
Try this Baked Cod With Garlic & Herb Ritz Crumbs recipe from Ina Garten’s new cookbook, Modern Comfort Food.
“Tender white cod fillets are cooked in white wine and fresh lemon juice with a crunchy topping of old-fashioned Ritz crackers, panko crumbs and lemon zest,” says Ina. “Very retro but so new and delicious!”
Yield: Serves 4
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Pour 2 tbsp of olive oil in 9″ x 9″ ceramic baking dish (it should be just big enough to hold fish) and tilt dish to coat bottom with oil.
- Place fish fillets in dish and turn to coat both sides with oil. Sprinkle fish with 1½ tsp of salt and ½ tsp of pepper, and bake for 10 minutes.
Make Crumb Mixture & Add To Fish
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine cracker crumbs, panko, parsley, garlic, lemon zest and 1 tsp of salt. Add melted butter and stir until evenly moistened. Set aside.
- Remove fish from oven and pour wine and lemon juice directly on fillets. Pat crumb mixture evenly onto fillets, pressing gently to help it adhere. (Don’t worry if some crumbs get into the sauce!)
Finish Baking Fish
- Return pan to oven for 12 minutes, until fillets are just cooked through in center, depending on thickness of fish. Sprinkle with salt, and serve hot with pan juices and lemon wedges.
Recipes excerpted from Modern Comfort Food by Ina Garten. ©2020 by Ina Garten. Published by Clarkson Potter, an imprint of Penguin Random House.