Emily Blunt’s English Roasted Potatoes
Try Emily Blunt’s English Roasted Potatoes recipe from Ina Garten’s new cookbook, Modern Comfort Food.
“Actor Emily Blunt and I prepared a proper English Sunday lunch together, and she showed me how to make her family’s roasted potatoes,” says Ina. “Crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside, they’re delicious!”
Yield: Serves 6 to 8
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Bring large pot of water with 2 tbsp kosher salt to a boil. Add potatoes, return to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Drain potatoes, place them back in pot with lid on, and shake pot roughly for 5 seconds to rough up edges.
- Carefully transfer potatoes in one layer to baking rack set over sheet pan. Set aside to dry for at least 15 minutes. (They can sit uncovered at room temperature for several hours or in the fridge for up to 6 hours.)
- Pour oil onto another sheet pan, tilt pan to distribute oil and place pan in oven for 5 to 7 minutes, until oil is smoking hot. Transfer potatoes carefully into oil (I use a large metal spatula) and toss them lightly to coat each potato with hot oil.
- Evenly spread out potatoes and lower oven temperature to 350°F. Roast for 45 minutes to 1 hour, turning potatoes occasionally with tongs, until very browned and crisp on outside and tender and creamy inside.
- Transfer to serving platter, sprinkle generously with 1½ to 2 tsp of sea salt and parsley, and serve hot.
Recipes excerpted from Modern Comfort Food by Ina Garten. ©2020 by Ina Garten. Published by Clarkson Potter, an imprint of Penguin Random House.