Ina Garten’s Filet Of Beef CarpaccioRecipe By: Ina Garten
Try this recipe for Filet Of Beef Carpaccio from Ina Garten’s new cookbook, Cook Like A Pro.
I think raw beef carpaccio is a little boring. Searing the beef briefly and adding a drizzle of Caesar dressing makes it so much more flavorful.
- 1 1⁄4 lb filet of beef, trimmed and tied
- 3⁄4 cup good olive oil, plus extra for the beef
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 extra-large egg yolks, at room temperature
- 2 tsp good Dijon mustard, at room temperature
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic (3 cloves)
- 2 anchovy fillets, drained
- 1⁄2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, at room temperature (2 to 3 lemons)
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated Italian Parmesan cheese, plus shaved Parmesan for garnish
- 2 tbsp capers, drained
- 3 cups baby arugula
- Flaked sea salt, such as Maldon, for sprinkling
- Rub the beef with olive oil and sprinkle all over with 2 teaspoons kosher salt and 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Heat a sauté pan over high heat and sear on all sides, turning it with tongs. Wrap the beef in plastic wrap and freeze for 2 hours, turning once to freeze evenly.
- Meanwhile, place the egg yolks, mustard, garlic, anchovies, lemon juice, 2 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper in a food processor fitted with the steel blade and process for 15 seconds. Combine the 3⁄4 cup olive oil and the canola oil in a glass measuring cup. With the food processor running, slowly pour the oils down the feed tube in a thin stream. Add the grated Parmesan and pulse to combine.
- Remove the string from the beef and slice it very thin with a sharp slicing or smoked salmon knife. Place 5 slices on each dinner plate in a single layer. Drizzle the beef generously with the dressing and (in this order) sprinkle with the capers, kosher salt, pepper, arugula, shaved Parmesan, and sea salt. Serve at room temperature with a pitcher of extra dressing on the side.