March 14, 2019
Mexican Chicken And Lime Soup
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
This simple, bright-tasting soup is all about making the most of your flavorful chicken broth and poached chicken, with loads of fresh and crunchy ingredients added just before serving. Taste a little of your jalapeño pepper as you chop it — some peppers are much spicier than others — and then add the amount that makes sense for your heat tolerance.
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
Assemble And Cook Soup
- Heat oil in large soup pot over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 4 minutes, or until soft and lightly golden. Add garlic, jalapeño and oregano, and sauté for 2 more minutes. Add tomato and sauté for 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Simmer for 2 minutes, or until flavors have come together.
- Add shredded chicken and let simmer gently for 3 minutes, or until chicken is heated through. Add chopped cilantro and lime juice, and season with salt to taste.
Garnish And Serve Soup
- Divide soup between serving bowls, then top each bowl with broken tortilla chips, avocado slices, radish and cilantro.
- Serve with sour cream and lime wedges on the side.
Author: Eshun Mott
House & Home February 2019