Comforting Chicken Noodle SoupRecipe By: Eshun Mott
This classic soup really is the absolute best comfort food. If you’ve made our Ultimate Chicken Broth, you already have the essential building blocks on hand — great stock and poached chicken. Cooking the noodles separately keeps your broth cleaner-tasting (and the pasta won’t absorb all the liquid you want in your soup), though you can cook the noodles straight in the broth if you prefer.
- 2 cups (3 oz./85 g) medium egg noodles
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped leek
- 2 cups diced carrot
- 1 cup diced celery
- 8 cups Ultimate Chicken Stock
- 3 cups diced or shredded cooked chicken
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Bring medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add noodles and cook for 8 minutes, or until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in large pot over medium-low heat. Add onion and leek and sauté for 5 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
- Add carrots and celery and sauté for 4 more minutes, or until slightly softened. Add stock, turn heat to high, and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked through.
- Add cooked noodles and chicken and simmer for 2 minutes to bring flavors together.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with chopped parsley just before serving.