July 20, 2017
Mom’s Mud Pie
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 61⁄2 hours, including freezing time
Try this recipe from chef and restaurateur Colin Tooke of Toronto hot spots Grand Electric and Electric Mud BBQ.
“The most brainless dessert ever. My mom made this creamy mocha pie on our birthdays. Everyone loves it. Don’t bother with fancy ice cream, because all you taste is the coffee,” says Colin.
Yield: Serves 6 to 8
Prep And Bake Crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly butter a 9″-diam. pie pan.
- Combine crumbs, melted butter and sugar in bowl until moist. Press filling into pie shell. Bake until set, about 12 minutes. Place baked shell in freezer to chill.
Make Filling And Chill Pie
- Let ice cream soften slightly.
- Stir coffee into ice cream. Scrape ice cream mixture into cooled pie shell. Drizzle liberally with melted chocolate.
- Return pie to freezer and let set, about 6 hours.