Montreal Spiced SteakRecipe By: Ricardo Larrivée
This Montreal Spiced Steak recipe is inspired by the city’s great delis. Montreal steak spice should be garlicky, spicy and have a floral hint. Ricardo Larrivée’s freshly ground version has all these flavors, and more.
Montreal Steak Spice
- 2 tbsp whole 4-peppercorn blend
- 1 tbsp coriander seed
- 1 tbsp dill seed
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp coarsely ground sea salt
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 6 grilling steaks (such as striploin or sirloin)
- Combine peppercorns, coriander and dill seeds and hot pepper flakes in a spice grinder or mortar and pestle and grind well. Stir in remaining ingredients of spice blend, mixing well.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Sprinkle steak spice generously over both sides of steaks, pressing lightly so spices stick to meat.
- Grill 4 to 6 minutes per side, depending on thickness.