Mushroom and Artichoke Matzo PizzaRecipe By: Claire Tansey
To add richness to your summer buffet try making Matzo (a thin, crispy unleavened bread) topped with creamy ricotta, artichoke hearts and oven-roasted mushrooms. This recipe will help you make the perfect pizza snack to enjoy during a family night in.
- 1 170-mL jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 10 medium to large button mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 4 squares of matzo
- 11⁄2 cups grated mozzarella
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups packed baby arugula
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Drain artichokes, reserving brine. Chop and reserve.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place mushrooms on baking sheet in a single layer and roast 20 minutes. Immediately toss hot mushrooms with reserved artichoke brine.
- Place matzos on a separate baking sheet and top with chopped artichokes. Sprinkle evenly with grated mozzarella, a few dollops of ricotta and sliced mushrooms. Drizzle any remaining artichoke juices over pizzas. Season with salt and pepper and bake 3 to 6 minutes or until cheese is just melted. Watch that matzo edges do not burn.
- Meanwhile, toss arugula with lemon juice and oil and season with salt and pepper. As pizzas come out of the oven, cut each in half and top with dressed arugula.