Nutella Sandwich CookiesRecipe By: Eric Vellend
Adapted from Alice Medrich’s Chewy Gooey Crispy Crunchy Melt-in-Your Mouth Cookies, these dark chocolate wafers are delicious on their own and even better with a gooey filling of Nutella.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 tsp baking soda
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 14 tbsp unsalted butter, diced, at room temperature
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups Nutella, at room temperature
Directions Yield: Makes 24
- In a food processor, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add sugar. Run machine 10 seconds. Add butter. Run machine 20 seconds. With motor running, add milk and vanilla. Pulse until dough clumps together. Turn dough out to work surface. Knead two or three times to bring together. Divide in equal halves. Roll each portion into 8″-long log. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap, twisting ends to form cylinder. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Slice logs into 3⁄16″- thick rounds. Place on sheets 1″ apart. Bake until just firm in centres, 12 to 14 minutes. Cool completely.
- Spread half of the cookies with 1 tbsp Nutella each. Top each with another cookie.