Nuts And Bolts ClustersRecipe By: Kristen Eppich
Total Time: 1 1⁄2 hours, including cooling time
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups nuts and bolts
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted
Directions Yield: Makes 6 cups
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Pour water into 5-quart pot. Sprinkle sugar over top and let dissolve.
- Turn heat to medium and let cook just until syrup turns golden honey color and reads 270°F to 280°F on a candy or digital thermometer, 8 to 10 minutes. Don’t stir during process; instead, swirl pan as needed to prevent mixture from crystalizing.
Coat Nuts And Bolts
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Working quickly, stir in nuts and bolts, and pecans until coated.
- Immediately scrape mixture onto prepared pan and spread out with back of wooden spoon. Let cool fully, 1 hour.
- Break into pieces. Store in airtight container up to 4 days.