Savoury Cheese Twists
Elevate a gift of wine with savoury cheese twists, packaged with aromatic sprigs of herbs.
- 2 cans (each 235 g) Pillsbury* Crescents
- Approx. ¼ cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded white Cheddar or Gruyere cheese
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) onion or garlic powder
Preparation time: 10 min | Total time: 22 min
- Heat oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
- Separate dough into 8 rectangles; seal perforations. Brush each rectangle with butter or margarine; sprinkle cheeses and onion or garlic powder. Gently press cheese mixture into dough. Cut each crosswise into eight 1/2 inch (1 cm) strips; twist each strip 3 or 4 times; place on greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Make-Ahead Tip: Prepare recipe and refrigerate for up to two hours before baking.
Presentation Tip: When packaging as host gifts, tuck in sprigs of hardy herbs such as thyme, bay leaves and rosemary, which will impart the cheese twists with their fragrance.