November 17, 2016
Leave butter to soften on counter overnight to get it to the ideal texture for this batter.
Yield: Makes 24
Make And Chill Dough
- Mix flour with salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter with 1 cup icing sugar and orange rind in large bowl until light and fluffy. Stir in vanilla. Add flour mixture and stir until combined. Stir in cranberries and pistachios.
- Form dough into ball. Press dough into disc and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm, 1 hour or overnight.
Bake And Finish Cookies
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Roll dough into 11⁄2″-diam. balls. Place on large ungreased baking sheet 1″ apart. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until bottoms are golden. Remove from oven and transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Roll balls in remaining icing sugar to coat.