Pea Soup With LobsterRecipe By: Eric Vellend
If you make this soup ahead of time, cool it down rapidly in a large bowl placed in a bowl of ice to help preserve its vibrant green color.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 leek (white and light green parts only), sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 5 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 750-g bag frozen peas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1 1⁄2-lb. lobster, cooked, shelled, diced
- 1 oz. pea shoots, cut into 2″ pieces
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
Directions Yield: Serves 8
- In a large pot, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion, leek and celery. Cook, stirring, until soft, 10 minutes. (Reduce heat if vegetables start to brown.) Add stock. Raise heat to high. When it boils, reduce heat to simmer. Cook 5 minutes. Add peas and salt and pepper. Simmer until peas are tender, 3 minutes.
- Purée soup in batches in a blender until smooth. Transfer to clean pot. Keep warm over low heat.
- In a bowl, mix lobster, pea shoots, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss and divide among 8 soup bowls, piling in centers. Pour hot soup around lobster and serve.