September 2, 2021
Pistachio Olive Oil Cake
“Anyone who’s been to Emmer or seen our Instagram feed knows that pistachio is probably my favorite thing in the world. We go through hundreds of pounds a month. This cake is a showstopper for its simplicity. It’s decadent, bordering on a custard, and lasts for a good week without changing texture,” says Emmer owner Philip Haddad.
Yield: Serves 8 to 10
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 9″ round cake pan with butter or cooking spray. In food processer, add sugars and pistachios, and pulse until pistachios are fine in texture.
- In large mixing bowl, combine sugar-pistachio mixture with polenta, flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- In separate small bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, pistachio paste, if using, olive oil and Amaretto. Mix wet into dry ingredients until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 60 to 70 minutes, until cake tester comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before unmolding and allow cake to cool completely before serving. Serve with dollop of crème fraîche and small drizzle of olive oil. Enjoy