August 25, 2022
Pomegranate-glazed Miami-cut Short Ribs
“The key with these ribs is to get them nice and thick — up to a half-inch thick — not those paper-thin ones you’ll see at markets. They keep their integrity and chewiness and have a wonderfully unctuous, beefy flavour. They’re great for grilling because, after marinating, they just need a quick side-side and you’ve got a beautiful platter of blistered, charred meat.” – Cory Vitiello
Yield: Serves 4
Make Glaze and Marinate Ribs
- In large bowl, combine brown sugar, pomegranate molasses, paprika, garlic, vinegar, ketchup, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, and mix to combine. Add short ribs and massage to coat.
- Marinate in fridge for 2 to 3 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium-high, or approximately 400F.
- Cook over high heat for about 3 minutes per side, brushing excess marinade back over meat as it grills. You’re looking for a nice char on both sides and a sticky, caramelized exterior.
- Remove from grill, platter and garnish with handful of pomegranate seeds, sliced scallion and toasted sesame seeds.