Porridge Bowl With Cherries And Cocoa NibsRecipe By: Kristen Eppich
- 1 3/4 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp Koshersalt
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 piece cinnamon stick, about 1″ long
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup steel-cut oats
- 1/2 cup pitted cherries, chopped, fresh or canned
- 1/3 cup cocoa nibs
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
Directions Yield: Serves 4
- Combine milk, water, salt, sugar and cinnamon stick in medium-size pot over high heat. Bring to a simmer. Stir in rolled and steel-cut oats, and reduce heat to medium-low. Continue cooking, stirring often, until steel-cut oats are cooked through but still slightly firm, about 15 min.
- Spoon porridge into 4 bowls. Divide cherries and cocoa nibs between bowls. Top each bowl with dollop of Greek yogurt and drizzle with maple syrup.