Raspberry ThumbprintsRecipe By: Eric Vellend
For thumbprints, you want a stiffer jam made with pectin so it won’t bleed into the cookie. These are also delicious filled with lemon curd or chocolate ganache.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3⁄4 cup ground almonds
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry jam
Directions Yield: Makes 24
- In bowl, combine flour, almonds and salt.
- With electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and almond extract until smooth. Reduce speed to low. Add dry mix until combined.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Roll dough into 1 tbsp balls. Place on sheets 2″ apart. Lightly flatten. Using fingertip, make a well in each cookie. Bake until lightly golden, 15 to 17 minutes. Cool completely.
- Microwave jam on high until loose, 20 to 30 seconds. Fill each cookie with jam. Let cool completely.