Roasted Hazelnut-Almond ButterRecipe By: Angela Liddon
Angela Liddon shares a recipe from her cookbook Oh She Glows Everyday.
This is a delicious take on traditional roasted almond butter. The hazelnuts add a sweet and buttery flavor that pairs well with the nutty, mild flavor of the almonds. Use it in my Roasted Hazelnut-Almond Granola Clusters, or simply spread some on toast with berry jam.
- 1 cup raw hazelnuts
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar or natural cane sugar, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Dash of ground cinnamon
- Fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Spread the hazelnuts over a small baking sheet and the almonds over another small baking sheet. Put both in the oven and roast for 12 to 14 minutes, until the hazelnut skins have darkened, cracked, and are almost falling off. Let the nuts cool on the sheet for 5 minutes or so. Transfer the hazelnuts to a damp dishcloth and rub vigorously until most of the skins fall off. The goal is to remove most of them, but a few stragglers are okay!
- Transfer the almonds and skinned hazelnuts to a heavy-duty food processor and process until a smooth butter forms, 5 to 10 minutes, stopping to scrape down the bowl as necessary.
- With the processor running, slowly add the sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt to taste through the feed tube.
- Store the nut butter in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 month.