Salad ShiraziRecipe By: Sanna Mirza
Try this Salad Shirazi recipe from Meghan Markle’s favorite new cookbook, Together: Our Community Cookbook.
“This is a simple salad, with just a few ingredients, from the south of Iran. The fresh flavors go well with chicken or with lamb dishes such as Ghormeh Sabzi” — Sanna Mirza, recipe developer
- 3 small Persian cucumbers, 350g/12 oz, diced
- 3 tomatoes, 300g/10 oz, seeded and diced
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Mix the diced cucumber, tomato and onion in a serving bowl.
- Add the lime zest and juice, salt, pepper and olive oil. Toss gently until all the ingredients are well coated and serve immediately.
Chef’s note: Persian cucumbers are supposed to be less bitter, but it is fine to use regular ones. You can also use lemon zest and juice in place of the lime, if desired.