Smoked Scamorza, Bresaola & Arugula PizzaRecipe By: Eric Vellend
Bresaola is salt-cured beef tenderloin, which can be found at Italian delis and gourmet food shops. Prosciutto, speck or fennel salami would all work well in its place.
Directions Yield: Serves 1
- Place baking stone on rack 8″ from broiler. Preheat oven to 500°F for 30 minutes. When ready to form pizza, turn broiler on high.
- Form and stretch dough into 10″-diam. round using flour as needed. Generously sprinkle pizza peel (the flat, paddle-like tool for moving pizzas) with semolina. Place dough on peel.
- Spread sauce evenly on dough, leaving 1″-wide rim uncovered. Brush rim with oil. Top pizza with cheese.
- Using peel, move pizza to oven, and with one quick jerk, slide pizza onto stone. Cook until crust is puffed and browned, and cheese is melted, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove pizza with peel.
- Transfer to serving platter. Top with bresaola and arugula. Using vegetable peeler, shave curls of Parmigiano over top.