Smoked Trout Sandwich RecipeRecipe By: Joe Yonan
For a smoky and savoury treat, try whipping up chef Joe Yonan’s delicious smoked Trout Sandwich dish.
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 slices pumpernickel bread
- 2 oz. smoked trout, flaked with a fork
- 1 oz. aged Gouda cheese, cut into thin slices or crumbled
- 1/2 small to medium Granny Smith apple, cored and cut into 1/4″ slices
- A few leaves baby arugula or baby spinach
- Freshly ground black pepper
- To assemble the sandwich, spread the mayonnaise on one side of both pieces of bread. Mound the trout on one of the bread slices, then top with the Gouda, the apple, and the arugula. Season with pepper. Top with the other slice of bread, cut in half, and eat.