June 28, 2019
Smoky Stir-Fried Vegetable Chow Mein
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
This flavourful vegetable chow mein is a good foil for the spicy wings.
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
Cook Noodles And Make Sauce
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add noodles, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until hydrated but still al dente. Drain and toss with sesame oil. Set aside.
- In bowl, combine soy, hoisin and chili bean sauces, and chili oil. Reserve.
- Heat wok on barbecue over high heat until smoking. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of canola oil around pan to coat. Add mushrooms and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, or until lightly browned. Add red onion. Stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until tender and lightly browned. Remove vegetables from pan.
- Add 1 tablespoon of canola oil and bok choy. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes, or until wilted and lightly browned. Remove from pan.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to pan. Add garlic, ginger and green onions, and stir-fry for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
Assemble Chow Mein
- Add noodles and toss for 1 more minute, or until noodles are hot. Add sauce and toss to coat. Return vegetables to pan and cook for 1 to 2 more minutes until combined, and serve.