Sour Cherry BourbonRecipe By: Eric Vellend
Brightened with cherries and spiked with bourbon, this rouged whiskey sour is good company while working the grill. Try out this fruity whiskey twist tonight.
- 8 oz. bourbon
- 3 oz. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 oz. syrup from preserved sour cherries
- 1 oz. simple syrup
- Preserved sour cherries and orange twists (for garnish)
To make simple syrup, boil equal parts sugar and water until sugar dissolves.
- In a 500-mL measuring cup, combine bourbon, lemon juice and syrups. Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Pour in half of bourbon mixture. Shake 20 times. Strain into 2 (8-oz.) rocks glasses filled with ice.
- Dump ice from cocktail shaker and repeat process with remaining bourbon mix. Garnish with sour cherries and orange twists.