Spiced Lamb Chops With Pomegranate GlazeRecipe By: Eric Vellend
If you can find bottled pomegranate molasses (often labelled “concentrate”), you can save a step and use it in place of the glaze.
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1½ tbsp granulated sugar
- 1½ tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for grill
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 12 lamb rib chops
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds, for garnish
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted, for garnish
- Mint leaves, for garnish
Directions Yield: Serves 6
- To make glaze, combine ingredients in saucepan. Bring to boil over high heat. Skim foam; discard. Reduce heat to simmer. Cook until reduced to ¼ cup. (Keep an eye on it.) Remove from heat and cool.
- Whisk together oil, garlic and spices. Brush lamb with marinade, leaving bones clean. Cover and chill up to 4 hours.
- Preheat grill to high. Season lamb with salt and pepper. Oil grate and add lamb. Cook until medium, 1½ to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to platter. Drizzle with glaze. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds, pine nuts and mint.