Spring Lamb Chops With Fresh Mint SauceRecipe By: Amy Rosen
With the fresh mint sauce taking just 2 minutes to prepare, and the grilled lamb chops around 6 minutes, this could easily become a favorite workday main.
- 1⁄4 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 18 lamb chops(2 to 3 oz. each), about 1″ thick, at room temperature
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Directions Yield: Serves 6
- To make mint sauce, add mint leaves, boiling water, sugar and vinegar to a blender. Blend together, taste and adjust seasoning if need be. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
- To make lamb chops, brush chops with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a barbecue or grill pan over high heat until very hot, then brush with oil again and lay down seasoned chops. Sear for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium rare. Do not overcook! Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.