Spring SlawRecipe By: Eric Vellend
While the vegetables and dressing can be prepared separately ahead of time, combine this salad at the last minute to preserve the vibrant colors and crunchy textures.
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice, or more to taste
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb. snow peas, trimmed
- 1 bulb fennel, trimmed, cored, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch radishes, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions (green parts only), thinly sliced on bias
- 1⁄2 cup mint leaves, torn if large
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Directions Yield: Serves 6 to 8
- To make dressing, whisk mustard and lemon juice in small bowl. Slowly whisk in oil until emulsified.
- To make slaw, bring large pot of salted water to boil. Add snow peas. Stir for 20 seconds. Drain and plunge into ice water. Cool, drain and dry on paper towel. Cut peas lengthwise into thin strips.
- Place snow peas in large mixing bowl with fennel, radish, onion and mint. Add some dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until combined. Taste for lemon, adding more juice if necessary. Mound in serving bowl.