Steamed Green Beans With Ginger ButterRecipe By: Eric Vellend
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 tsp finely grated ginger
- Pinch salt
- 1 1⁄2 lb. green beans, trimmed
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 green onions, white parts only, julienned, for garnish
- Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
Directions Yield: Serves 8
- In small bowl, mix butter and ginger. Cover and refrigerate up to 3 days. Bring to room temperature before using.
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Boil beans until crisp-tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to bowl of ice water. Cool, drain and dry on clean kitchen towel.
- When ready to serve, place beans and a splash of water in large sauté pan. Cover and place over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until beans are hot, 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Drain off excess water. Stir in tamari, sesame oil and ginger butter until butter has melted. Transfer to warm serving platter. Garnish with green onion and sesame seeds.