June 21, 2016
The Drake’s Executive Chef Ted Corrado’s Fried Chicken Recipe
- Place all ingredients into a pot and bring to a boil.
- Turn off and let completely cool.
- Once completely cooled, soak chicken thighs overnight (roughly 12 hours).
Dredge & Chicken
- In a bowl mix all dry ingredients.
- Take brined chicken and dip into buttermilk.
- Then dredge chicken into flour dredge.
- Deep fry chicken until internal temperature hits 165ºF.
- Place on drying rack and season with salt.
Korean Hot Sauce
- Place all ingredients except for grainy mustard into a blender and mix.
- Pour mixture into bowl and whisk in grainy mustard.
- Wash and roughly chop cilantro to generously sprinkle over the fried chicken once plated.