Triple Ginger CookiesRecipe By: Eric Vellend
While it’s perfectly fine to roll these cookies in granulated sugar, it’s worth seeking out coarse sugar for its addictive crunch.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 tsp ground ginger
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp ground allspice
- 1⁄4 tsp ground pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup fancy-grade molasses
- 1⁄3 cup finely diced crystallized ginger, for rolling
- Coarse turbinado sugar, for rolling
Directions Yield: Makes 30
- In medium bowl, sift flour and baking soda. Stir in spices and salt.
- With electric mixer, beat butter, brown sugar and ginger until smooth. Reduce speed to low. Add egg, then molasses. Add dry ingredients until combined.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Form 2 tbsp portions of dough into balls. Roll balls in crystallized ginger and then in turbinado sugar. Place 3″ apart on trays. Flatten with bottom of glass to form 2″ discs. Bake until lightly browned, 12 to 14 minutes.