Vanilla Blueberry Chia PuddingRecipe By: Lauren Klukas
Try this recipe for Vanilla Blueberry Chia Pudding from the The Complete Plate cookbook.
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp pure lemon extract
- 3 cups blueberries, frozen
- 1 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup blueberries, to garnish
- In a medium bowl, combine almond milk, yogurt, chia seeds, and lemon extract. Cover and place in the fridge overnight, or for at least 3 hours, to let chia seeds gel.
- Put blueberries, honey, and lemon zest in a small saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer over medium heat. In a small bowl, combine lemon juice and cornstarch and mix until smooth. Add mixture to blueberries and cook for about 5 minutes, until thickened. (Try to keep blueberries full and intact.)
- Remove chia seed mixture from the fridge and give it a good stir. Divide between two bowls and top each with half of the blueberry mixture. Add fresh blueberries (if using) overtop. Leftover portion will keep for up to a week in the refrigerator.
Mix It Up: This is a great recipe for those who are new to the kitchen and want to experiment working with different flavors. Have fun trying new and unusual flavor combinations, such as blood orange and dark chocolate, and using different extracts, yogurts, and fruits.