Warm Green Bean SaladRecipe By: Lauren Klukas
Try this recipe for Warm Green Bean Salad from the The Complete Plate cookbook.
- 2 tsp grapeseed oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 cups green beans, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 3 slices prosciutto, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup pistachios, dry roasted and chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin seeds, dry roasted (per serving)
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds, dry roasted (per serving)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and shallots and sauté for 1–2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add beans, prosciutto, and pistachios to the pan and sauté for 3–5 minutes, until beans are al dente. Remove from heat and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Transfer to a plate, top with goat cheese, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds, and serve. Leftover salad will keep for up to 5 days refrigerated.
Tip: When dry-roasting nuts, remove pan from the heat as soon as nuts become fragrant. This prevents them from burning because the nuts will continue to brown in the pan.
Grab and Go: Prepare the salad the night before, omitting goat cheese. Allow to cool and store in a microwave-safe resealable container in the fridge. When ready to serve, heat in microwave for 30–45 seconds, stir, and top with goat cheese. (This salad is also delicious served cold.)