Watermelon With Spicy Crème Fraîche And ProsciuttoRecipe By: Kristen Eppich
Pink peppercorns are actually dried berries that have an amazingly sweet, floral flavor. They crumble beautifully, so I like to mix them into créme fraîche and scatter more pieces overtop as a garnish.
- 1 tbsp pink peppercorns, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp minced red chili
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 1 mini watermelon
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaves
Make Créme Fraîche
- Crush 1 tbsp of pink peppercorns into crème fraîche. Stir in lime juice and chili. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Set aside.
- Heat frying pan over medium heat. Working in batches, cook prosciutto until crisp, 2–3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to paper towel-lined plate and reserve.
Assemble Wedges And Serve
- Slice watermelon in half, then slice each half into 4 large wedges. Slice each wedge into 1″-thick pieces.
- Spread dollop of crème fraîche onto each watermelon wedge, then arrage on platter.
- Crumble prosciutto and scatter overtop.
- Drizzle honey over platter. Sprinkle with cilantro and more crushed pink peppercorns before serving.