White Wine Clams With Herbs And Grilled SourdoughRecipe By: Devin Connell
Total Time: 25 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 6 lb. little neck clams
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup capers
- 1 cup white wine
- 6 slices thick, good-quality sourdough bread
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped fresh tarragon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
Directions Yield: Serves 6
- Using colander, rinse clams thoroughly, removing any blemishes or beards.
- In large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add garlic and cook until translucent, 4 to 5 minutes. Add capers and wine, and bring to boil.
- Add clams and stir. Cover with lid and cook, 4 to 6 minutes, until clams have opened. Discard clams that remain closed.
- While clams are cooking, brush both sides of bread slices with mayonnaise.
- Heat grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Cook bread on both sides until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove bread from pan and tear into large chunks.
- Top clams with chopped tarragon and lemon juice. Add a few cracks of black pepper and serve with sourdough.