Whole-Roasted Cauliflower With Anchovies & CapersRecipe By: Kristen Eppich
Don’t cover the cauliflower with tinfoil as it darkens in the oven — it’s the deep color that makes the flavor so interesting.
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, divided
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chopped capers
- 5 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- Pinch dried chili flakes
Directions Yield: 6
Prepare And Cook Cauliflower
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Remove leaves from cauliflower and discard. Cut out small portion of core, leaving head intact.
- Place cauliflower into greased 9″ cake pan. Brush with 2 tbsp olive oil, allowing oil to absorb into cracks. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until top is crispy with charred tips and cauliflower is tender.
- Stir remaining ingredients with remaining oil. Slice cauliflower into wedges and serve drizzled with sauce.