Zee Spotted Bloody MaryRecipe By: Amy Rosen
At New York’s Spotted Pig restaurant, bartender Anna Vanderzee makes this ultimate Bloody Mary, which Food & Wine magazine perfected for home mixing. Make the mix the day before so the flavors marry.
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated peeled fresh horse radish
- 2 oz. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 oz. Sriracha chili sauce
- Zest of 1 small lemon, finely grated
- 2 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp freshly ground pepper, plus more for garnish
- 32 oz. tomato juice
- 16 oz. vodka
- Lime wedges
- Pickled or fresh vegetables, like celery, dill pickles or pickled beans (for garnish)
Directions Yield: Serves 8
- In a pitcher, combine horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, Sriracha sauce, lemon zest, salts and pepper. Add tomato juice and stir well. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Add ice to 8 rocks glasses and pour in tomato juice mixture. Add 2 oz. vodka to each glass and stir. Garnish each drink with a pinch of ground pepper, a lime wedge and pickled vegetables.