Zesty Whipped Feta DipRecipe By: Eshun Mott
Roasted garlic and fresh lemon add nutty depth and bright flavor to this addictive Zesty Whipped Feta Dip. Look for roasted garlic where you buy olives and antipasti, or trim the top of two heads of fresh garlic, drizzle with olive oil, wrap in foil and bake for 40 minutes, or until cloves are soft. Let cool and peel. Pick the kind of feta you like to eat best, keeping in mind that sheep’s milk feta has the strongest flavor. This recipe makes one and a half cups of dip.
- 1⁄4 cup roasted garlic cloves
- 85 g (3 oz.) block-style cream cheese, at room temperature
- 200 g (7 oz.) drained feta cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil, freshly ground black pepper and chopped thyme, for garnish
- In food processor, combine roasted garlic and cream cheese and process until very smooth.
- Add feta, olive oil, lemon juice and zest, and process until well-combined. Season with pepper to taste. Serve at room temperature drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with more cracked black pepper and chopped thyme, alongside raw and blanched vegetables or bread.