Smoky Skillet ShrimpRecipe By: Eshun Mott
Total Time: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
This recipe is the love child of Shrimp Scampi and a Spanish-style shrimp tapas. Fast, delicious and saucy, these shrimp are best served with crusty bread.
- 400 g peeled jumbo shrimp (21/30) Salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp coarsely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp hot smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2 tbsp chopped Italian parsley, for garnish
Directions Yield: Serves 4
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towels and season well with salt.
- In medium frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium-high heat. Working with half of the shrimp at a time, sauté for 1 to 2 minutes, or until shrimp are pink and just cooked. Remove from pan and reserve.
- Add remaining olive oil, garlic and paprika to pan and sauté for 30 seconds, or until lightly golden. Add wine and boil for 1 to 2 minutes, or until wine has reduced by a third. Add sherry vinegar.
- Return shrimp to pan, toss in sauce to combine and remove from heat. Sprinkle with parsley and serve hot with bread or crostini.