Asparagus Grabiche TacoRecipe By: Kristen Eppich
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup grapeseed or sunflower oil
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallots
- 1 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp chopped gherkins
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp finely chopped tarragon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 bunch asparagus, tough ends trimmed, about 1 to 1 1⁄2 lb.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 12 corn tortillas (recipe here)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated on a microplane
- 1/4 cup chopped pepitas
Directions Yield: Serves 4
- Peel hardboiled eggs. Separate yolks from two eggs and reserve. Coarsely chop egg whites and whole eggs and reserve.
- Combine reserved egg yolks with mustard in medium bowl. Cream until mixture resembles paste. Gradually drizzle in olive oil in slow and steady stream, whisking continuously (sauce will appear split — this is normal). Stir in shallots, capers, gherkins, vinegar, parsley and tarragon. Add chopped egg. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill to high. Toss asparagus with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 4 minutes, turning once or until grill marks appear and asparagus is crisp-tender. Remove from grill and slice spears in half lengthwise, then again on sharp diagonal to create two long pieces.
- Load asparagus into tortillas. Spoon grabiche over asparagus. Top with grated Parmesan and sprinkle with pepitas.