Avocado BruschettaRecipe By: Kristen Eppich
Total Time: 45 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
For this recipe, use avocados that are fully ripe (there should be some give when you squeeze them).
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp finely chopped white onion
- 1⁄2 tsp grated garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 ripe avocados
- 4 large basil leaves
Directions Yield: Serves 6
- In medium bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, garlic and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let sit at least 30 minutes.
- Slice each avocado in half and remove pit. Using knife, score each avocado in a crisscross pattern and squeeze sides to soften fruit.
- Tear basil leaves and stir into bruschetta mixture. Divide mixture into the cavity of each avocado and serve.