Chili-Ginger LemonadeRecipe By: Kristen Eppich
Total Time: 45 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
If you prefer a spicier lemonade, steep for longer than 30 minutes. Serve the strained ginger and chili flakes in a small bowl as a garnish alongside the lemonade.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 5 cups water, divided
- 1⁄2 cup peeled, chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tsp dried chili flakes
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 5 or 6 lemons)
- Lemon slices, for garnish
Directions Yield: Serves 6
- In medium saucepan over high heat, combine sugar, 1 cup water, ginger and chili flakes. Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add lemon zest.
- Let steep until room temperature, or for at least 30 minutes.
Strain And Serve
- Use a fine-mesh sieve to strain mixture into jug. Reserve solids separately. Add lemon juice and 4 cups water. Stir to combine.
- Serve over ice and garnish with lemon slices.