Avocado, Tahini And Olive Smash FlatbreadsRecipe By: Anna Jones
I often double this recipe and serve it in bowls with homemade tortilla chips, to make an amazing snack for a crowd.
- 2 ripe avocados
- ½ a lemon
- 1 clementine, or ½ an orange
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 handfuls of Kalamata olives
- ½ a small clove of garlic
- 4 flatbreads or tortillas
- chilli flakes
- toasted cumin seeds
- fresh green herbs (I use dill, basil or parsley)
- feta cheese (optional)
Directions Yield: SERVES 2 AS A LUNCH OR 4 AS A SNACK
- Get all your ingredients together. Halve and de-stone the avocados and scoop the fresh into a bowl with a good pinch of salt and pepper. Squeeze over the juice of the lemon and the clementine or orange. Add the tahini and roughly smash and mash until you have a half smooth, half chunky mixture.
- De-stone and roughly chop the olives and add them to the bowl. Very finely chop or grate the garlic and add that to the bowl too. Gently mix to combine.
- Heat the flatbreads either in a dry frying pan or on an open gas fame, turning them with tongs once they have browned a little. This will take a few seconds on a gas hob and more like 30 seconds to 1 minute in a pan. Cut the flatbreads into quarters and pile on the avocado mixture. Top with a scattering of chilli flakes, toasted cumin seeds and a few delicate herbs. If you like you can add a crumble of feta.