Bacon & Bok Choy Chow Mein
This minimalist version of classic chow mein makes either four side dish servings or a meal for two. For an even heartier meal, scramble a couple of eggs into the noodles during the last minute of cooking.
- 5 oz. uncooked dry chow mein, egg or oil noodles
- 4 slices bacon, chopped in 1/2″ pieces
- 4 cups chopped bok choy
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- Cook the noodles as per package instructions, drain and rinse in cold water or follow the no-boil method for 15 minutes, then drain and rinse in cold water. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick pan or wok, cook the chopped bacon on medium heat until it softens. Add the chopped bok choy and continue cooking until the white stalks are translucent and the bacon is cooked through.
- Add the cooked noodles, oyster sauce and garlic to the wok. Cook and stir, for about 2 minutes until the noodles are heated through and coated with oyster sauce. Serve immediately.
- Makes 2 to 4 servings