Bacon WrapsRecipe By: Kristen Eppich
Bacon wraps are the go-to tailgating recipe for my family and friends. They aren’t pretty, classy or healthy, but they are incredibly delicious. Spaghetti serves as an edible alternative to toothpicks, holding the wraps together. These must be baked from frozen, so perfect to assemble in advance.
- 1 loaf square, thin-sliced white bread, 20-24 pieces
- 1 lb bacon
- 200 g cheddar, cut into 1 x 1/4-inch batons
- 6 to 8 pieces of dried spaghetti
Prep: 10 minutes
Ready in: 30 minutes (not including freezing time)
- Slice the crusts off the bread and reserve for another use. Slice bread in half forming rectangles. Slice bacon in half widthwise. Break spaghetti into 1½–inch pieces.
- To assemble, place a piece of cheese at the short end of a piece of bread. Roll up, applying just enough pressure that it keeps its shape. Place the bread roll on the short end of ½ piece of bacon and roll up. Spear with a piece of spaghetti to hold bacon in place. Break off spaghetti ends if too long. Place on a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining bread, cheese, bacon and spaghetti. Freeze until frozen through, 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425 ºF. Bake frozen wraps in the lower-third of oven for 20 minutes, turning twice or until bacon is browed and cooked through. Some cheese will melt out of the wraps – this is normal, crispy and delicious. Serve immediately.