August 2, 2019
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 90 minutes
This is the most amazing, fluffy cheesecake you’ve ever eaten. It rises a bit like a soufflé and will fall once you’ve removed it from the oven. It can be a little challenging to tell when it’s cooked, so use an internal thermometer, if you have one.
Yield: Serves 12
- Preheat oven to 390°F and grease 9-inch round springform pan, lining bottom and sides with parchment paper so parchment rises 2 inches above edge of pan.
- Using stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat cream cheese until smooth, then add sugar and beat until fully incorporated. Switch to whisk attachment and add eggs to mixture 3 at a time, beating well between additions.
- Add flour and beat until completely smooth, then add cream and beat until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pan and place on rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake in centre of oven for 65 to 75 minutes, rotating pan once during baking, until top is nicely caramelized and edges have cracked slightly. The baked cheesecake should jiggle when you shake pan (internal temperature should be about 155°F).
- Remove from oven and let cool fully before removing from pan. Peel paper off sides. Store cheesecake covered in refrigerator for up to 2 days ahead of serving.
- Return to room temperature before cutting and serving.