October 23, 2014
Best Scrambled Egg & Smoked Salmon Toasties
When making scramble, it’s worth splurging on organic eggs, especially if they come from chickens raised in a small flock.
Yield: Serves 6 to 8
- To prepare toasties, place English muffins on foil-lined baking tray, cut side up. Brush tops lightly with butter. On a parchment- lined baking tray, separate salmon into individual slices. Cover with plastic wrap. (This allows the salmon to come to room temperature and speeds up assembly.)
- To make eggs, in mixing bowl, whisk eggs, cream and salt until evenly yellow.
- Preheat broiler to high. Heat large nonstick frying pan over medium-low heat. (If you have a gas stove, use the lowest setting.) Add 3 tbsp butter. When melted, add egg mixture. Using silicone whisk or wooden spoon, stir eggs frequently at the beginning and constantly at the end, until thickened and creamy with small curds, 10 minutes.
- When the eggs are close to done, broil muffins on top rack until tops are golden, 1 1⁄2 minutes.
- To assemble, place muffins on warm serving platter. Top with eggs, salmon and dill. Serve immediately.
House & Home May 2014